This Program is designed to develop the general competencies, tied to the core courses that will permit students to:
To know and understand:
- The philosophical, psychological and sociological foundations that serve as a base for education and give direction to the pedagogical practice.
- The processes of construction of cognitive, affective and psychomotor learning through the different stages of human development.
- The importance of the creation of a harmonious physical and social environment that is adjusted to the diversity of the social groups and to the individual needs and interests of the students.
- The laws, regulations and procedures of the educational system, as well as the ethical, legal and social implications of their professional performance.
- The implications and importance of the integration of parents and other sectors of society in the educational task of the school community.
- Integrate into the pedagogical practice the theoretical principles that serve as the basis for education.
- Plan student learning by integrating educational strategies with a scientific base into instructional design.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies to facilitate the effective learning of the complexity of the concepts, skills and attitudes of the subject matter they teach.
- Apply the complementary processes of evaluation, assessment and measurement to determine the effectiveness of the teaching-learning processes and make decisions, which facilitate the improvement of all students’ learning.
- Apply research and the technological advances as resources to expand knowledge and to innovate and improve the pedagogical practice.
- Use the existing computerized and educational resources to integrate technology in their teaching area or discipline.
- Use a variety of educational and technological resources to facilitate learning in diverse student populations.
- Use communication skills in an effective way to develop in the students the understanding of how they learn.
- Show respect and tolerance to individual and cultural differences of students in the educational scenario.
- Show a positive and binding attitude between professional development and the academic needs of the students.
- Show a critical and creative attitude towards the management of information available in different sources related to the teaching discipline and to the field of education.
- Assume leadership roles and professional responsibility in the different educational scenarios and communitarian contexts to promote learning and the integral development of students.